ITU Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Applied Research Center (ITU AI) and DeepMind are excited to announce DeepMind Scholarships for the Fall 2022-2023 Term. The scholarships will be offered to female graduate students at ITU specializing in artificial intelligence. The qualifications for applications, benefits of the scholarship, application process and timeline are as follows:
• Applicants must identify as female.
• International applications are welcome.
• The scholarship is exclusive to students who are admitted to one of the eligible M.Sc. or Ph.D. programs in ITU for the Fall 2022-2023 term (see https://lee.itu.edu.tr/en/home for applying to ITU graduate programs). The applicants must apply to the aforementioned programs while applying for the scholarship. The eligible programs are:
- Computer Engineering/Computer Science
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Control and Automation Engineering
- Game and Interaction Technologies
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
For non-Computer Engineering/Computer Science tracks, scholarship will be only awarded to tracks with a research focus in AI. For Masters students, students need to pursue 4 AI electives and write an AI-related thesis; for PhD students, the research proposal must be focused on AI/ML
• Duration: Scholarship lasts 4 semesters for the M.Sc. and 8 semesters for the Ph.D. program.
• Stipend: Scholarship offers a monthly stipend of 1000 USD.
• Equipment: Scholarship offers a one-off equipment grant of 1500 USD.
• Travel: Scholarship offers an annual academic travel grant of 2250 USD.
• Mentorship: Each recipient will be matched with a researcher from DeepMind to receive mentorship on personal career development in the field of AI.
• Applicants should send their application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
• Required documents:
- CV and academic transcript of the applicant.
- A statement of purpose that details the candidate’s previous research experience in AI, along with the future research objectives for their graduate studies.
- Up to three reference letters.
• Applications with the missing documents will be ignored.
• Deadline for submitting applications to ITU AI: 27th of June 2022, 17:00 Istanbul Time.
• Interview with the Scholarship candidates who are admitted to the graduate programs: TBA
• Announcement of Results: TBA
Questions regarding the scholarship may be sent to email@example.com, and/or Dr. Nazim Kemal Ure - firstname.lastname@example.org