ITU Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Applied Research Center (ITU AI) and DeepMind are excited to announce DeepMind Scholarships for the Fall 2021-2022 Term. The scholarships will be offered to female graduate students at ITU specializing in artificial intelligence. The qualifications for applications, benefits of the scholarship, application process and timeline are as follows:
• Applicants must identify as female.
• International applications are welcome.
• The scholarship is exclusive to students who are admitted to a M.Sc. or Ph.D. programs in ITU Computer Engineering for the Fall 2021-2022 term. The applicants must apply to the aforementioned programs while applying for the scholarship.
• Applicants should be committed to doing original research in the field of artificial intelligence.
• Duration: Scholarship lasts 4 semesters for the M.Sc. and 8 semesters for the Ph.D. program.
• Stipend: Scholarship offers a monthly stipend of 1000 USD.
• Equipment: Scholarship offers a one-off equipment grant of 1500 USD.
• Travel: Scholarship offers an annual academic travel grant of 2250 USD.
• Mentorship: Each recipient will be matched with a researcher from DeepMind to receive mentorship on personal career development in the field of AI.
• Applicants should send their application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
• Required documents:
- CV and academic transcript of the applicant.
- A statement of purpose that details the candidate’s previous research experience in AI, along with the future research objectives for their graduate studies.
- Up to three reference letters.
• Applications with the missing documents will be ignored.
• Deadline for submitting applications to ITU AI: 25th of June 2021, 17:00 Istanbul Time.
• Interview with the Scholarship candidates who are admitted to the graduate programs: TBA
• Announcement of Results: TBA
Questions regarding the scholarship may be sent to email@example.com, and/or Dr. Nazim Kemal Ure - firstname.lastname@example.org